My boyfriend (a recent paleo believer!) and I were experimenting in the kitchen one day to make the perfect re-carb snack after a CrossFit workout . After some enthusiastic discussion, we created our honey glazed sweet potato crisps.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- ¼ cup Butter (preferably Kerry Gold Grass Fed Butter)
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- One large organic sweet potatoes
- 8 tablespoons organic honey (I love to get mine from a local farmer)
- Foil or wax paper
- 2 baking pans
LET’S GET THIS KITCHEN STARTED!
1) Wash and slice the sweet potatoes into 3mm slices. You may be wondering why we cut the sweet potatoes in slices and not like fries. We found that cutting it into slices created a crispy outer ring with a soft and chewy center- the perfect crisp combination in my opinion!
2) Melt the butter on the stovetop using a low temperature setting. Once the butter is melted, combine all the ingredients in your bowl. This will be your glaze.
3) Cover the baking pans in foil, dip the sliced potatoes into your glaze, and place them on the baking pans. DO NOT STACK THEM ON TOP OF EACH OTHER. We learned the hard way and the crisps don’t come out like they’re supposed to. (Also, we encourage you to experiment with this glaze! If you create anything tasty, let us know and we’ll try it out!)
4) Place the baking pans in the oven, set the timer for 8 minutes. Once the timer beeps, take the trays out and turn over each of the crisps with a fork. This will ensure that the crisps cook evenly and don’t burn.
5) After all the crisps have been flipped, place the trays back into the oven for another 8 min.
6) Take the trays out, let them cool and enjoy this awesome re-carb snack!