Hi there! I’m Sandi from Sandi’s Allergy Free Recipes . I am a wife, as well as mother of two and the grandmother of three. Even though I am not fully Paleo, I do have many recipes on my site that are Paleo, but I do still eat grains at times. I can say that I am happy to add my talents here. Thanks for having me.
When I thought about what kind of recipe that I would like to make, I thought about all of the wonderful strawberries that are in season right now. They are at the peak of perfection and here in Ontario, the pick your own berries will be open within two weeks. I’m so excited! I started adding maple syrup to my strawberries quite a while ago. The flavor combination is fantastic! Making this topping is a delicious addition to already delicious pancakes.
Strawberry Maple Pancakes (Paleo/ Grain Free/ Gluten Free/ Dairy Free/ Refined Sugar Free)
For the topping:
- 2 c. strawberries- washed and cut up
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
For the pancakes:
- ½ c. almond flour/meal
- ½ c. tapioca starch/flour
- ½ c. ground flax
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. coconut milk (or desired milk)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. (plus 1 Tbsp. for cooking)
- 2 eggs
- In a small sauce pan add strawberries, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Cook over medium low heat and bring to a boil. Let boil for approximately five minutes stirring occasionally. Keep warm on low heat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt ½ Tbsp coconut oil (adding more as needed). Then add approximately 3 Tbsp. of pancake batter to skillet. Let cook for approximately 3 minutes (bubbles will be forming in the batter) and flip over pancake. Cook for another 3 minutes. Keep pancakes warm until serving.
- Top with Strawberry Maple topping. Makes 3-4 servings.