What a slowcooker is:
A slowcooker, or throw-n‘-go, is an electrical device designed for simmering. This is the method of cooking food at a relatively low temperature, usually below the boiling point. Because of the lower temperature, the food needs more time to prepare before serving.
What are the benefits of slow cooking?
There are many advantages to using such a simple but revolutionary device.
- Fewer nutrients are lost than during over-boiling. The loss of nutrients can be minimized by keeping the lid on until the food is complete.
- Incredibly time-saving. You can literally throw the ingredients into the pot and return to your daily routine, hence the alternative name of “throw-n’-go.” It is not necessary to monitor the whole process because there is no significant risk of burning down the house from a slowcooker induced kitchen fire. You can even start a dinner when your children take a nap and spend the rest of the day relaxing. It is impossible to burn the food, even if left for too long.
- You can enjoy a fresh meal after coming home straight from your job. Simply that will work for your situation, and set up the slowcooker in the morning. You can enjoy fresh, healthy food when you need it most. You will no longer be forced into ordering unhealthy fast foods due to the lack of sufficient time and energy needed to create a homemade meal after work.
- It is exceptionally economical. Cheaper cuts of meat need long gentle cooking to become tender, and slowcookers do exactly that. You do not have to spend a small fortune on the best meat parts because you can get similar results with the cheaper ones.
- It is space-saving. You can even place it in a very space-limited kitchen or an entirely different room due to the compact, lightweight design.
What is a slow cooker not?
It is not an ultimate solution to all of your cooking problems. While you can prepare main courses, side dishes, and even desserts, simmering is only one method of cooking and not every dish can be prepared with this technique. Keep in mind that it takes a significant amount of time to prepare a meal with a slowcooker. Thus, you cannot use it for a quick unexpected meal, and every dish needs to be carefully planned beforehand.
Which slowcooker do we recommend?
is probably the best bang for a buck. It is praised for being really easy to use, and the reviews on Amazon speak for themselves. Out of 1.976 reviewers, 1.628 of those gave this particular slowcooker a 4 or 5 star rating.
The following are the main features of the Hamilton Beach slowcooker.
- Three universal modes for automatic cooking: program mode, probe mode, and manual mode
- The thermometer reads the actual temperature of food at any given moment; it helps you to control the cooking process.
- Travel-friendly design.
- The 6 quart stoneware is removable for cleaning ease.
- Protection against power outages.
This slowcooker should fit the needs of every amateur cook.
However, if you are looking for a more professional solution, we recommend because it is one of the most advanced slowcookers on the market.
However, quality and innovation come with a higher price tag; this Cuisinart is priced at